Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...a day late

Sorry the blog has been quiet for the past week or so...Lots of things have been happening around the Matt and Meg household!

I wanted to wish everyone a belated Happy Thanksgiving! Our day was spent cooking...playing our new Wii Donky Kong game (it brings Matt and myself back to our childhood haha) and eating with my parents. It was nice and low key - very relaxing. In years past Matt and I have had to rush around to different families and houses eating multiple meals so it was a nice change of pace to just have ONE dinner and ONE destination. We do miss all our extended family and friends though :)



Photobucket

..............................................................

About a month ago, I spent twenty or so minutes gathering acorns. I am sure I made a few squirrel enemies that day but I had a plan for those acorns!

Photobucket

I stuck those guys in to a couple small glass hurricanes I had - I stuck a candle in for good measure too. It brought some understated 'fall-ness' to our entry area.

I know it's a little too late for you all to do it...but bookmark it for next year maybe? :) OR! It might get you thinking about other found treasures you could add to your seasonal decor! It has me inspired to track down some pine cones.

-Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment